South Park Church Nomination Form
The Nominator Committee invites your recommendation of members to serve in the following positions replacing those who will complete their term:
2. Financial Secretary
Use the form at the bottom of the page to submit your nominations. Descriptions of the positions are listed below. You may recommend more than one person and you do not have to be a member to make a recommendation. You may also recommend yourself.
1. Nominator* Position:
- Knowledge of church members
- Interview and qualify candidates for the positions of Elder, Trustee-Treasurer, and Financial Secretary
- Present candidates to membership for their approval.
- Requires a minimum 3-year church membership
- Time commitment varies.
*Characteristic/qualifications: Church member, ability to maintain confidentiality, works well with a team, discernment, commitment to excellence in managing resources to support the ministry of the church. (1 Timothy 3:2-7 and Titus 1:6-9). Term is 2 years and then serving 2 terms is desired.
2. Financial Secretary Position
High Level Responsibilities
- Organize/count/process weekly church offerings and any other church receipts
- Record all weekly receipts within the giving system
- Deposit all receipts (checks and cash) into the bank each week
- Create Weekly Financial Secretary Report (FSR) summarizing all receipts by category and send to the Trustee committee and church staff.
Monthly: Attend and participate in the monthly Trustee meeting.
Annually: Prepare and issue the annual giving / contribution statements
- Process oriented and familiarity with reconciliation and balancing procedures
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and ability to work with various web based software systems
- Comfortable with importing / exporting data from web based systems
- Accounting / bookkeeping experience a plus.
3. Treasurer Position
- Oversees all aspects of Church financial operations, including the preparation of monthly financial statements and the receipt and recording of weekly contributions.
- Maintains bank relationships with bank that hold mortgage and cash deposits.
- Oversees and provides guidance on the preparation of the annual budget.
- Reviews monthly financial statements and bank reconciliations.
- Attends the monthly Trustee meeting and provide a brief report thereon.
- Provide periodic reports to the congregation on financial matters.